- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. crumbled saffron threads
- 1 cup short-grain white rice, such as Valencia
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen baby peas
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 12 pitted green olives, halved
- 12 pitted black olives, halved, optional
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 21/2 tsp. olive oil
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and green onions; cook 5 minutes. Stir in broth, garlic, and saffron; bring to a boil. Sprinkle rice over ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
Sprinkle broccoli, peas, tomatoes, and olives over rice. Cover, and cook paella 8 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and let rest, covered, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To serve, spoon paella into 6 bowls, and garnish each with lemon wedges and parsley.