Vegetarian Kitchen

Teflon is toxic

2017-05-28 23:11 #0 by: Granja Del Toro

One of the most used frying pans are teflon, non stick pans. People use them simply because food wont stick in the bottom of the pan. Another reason is that you do not need hardly any oil or fat using this pans. This pans how ever are an health hazard and even bad for the environment.

Teflon pans release extremely toxic gasses into the air and into your food. Also little particles from the non-stick coating can get into your food releasing chemicals into your system. The non-stick coating contains PFOA. According to studies, PFOAs cannot be broken down by the environment and can be found in 92% of humans. They can even kill cows if they ingest food or water polluted by it. So take our advice, throw away your teflon pan! If you still insist using a toxic pan, you can somewhat control the toxin by making sure you do not get scratches in it. To avoid cracks, use wood tools only. Iron tools to stir is forbidden when using this pans, because cracked teflon pans will increase the amount of toxins ending up inside your body. But if you value your health and your life, we recommend you to throw this toxic pan away and use the good old iron casting pan instead.

2017-05-29 17:30 #1 by: vendelay

I had no idea about this! Do you have a source? :) I actually only use iron casting pans but tbh that's only because I've gotten them as gifts - they are really expensive!

2017-05-29 19:46 #2 by: Granja Del Toro

Tere are actually many sources that you can find about this on the internet when you do your research. It was actually concluded it was toxic many years back already, both by european, scandinavian scientists , including several other countries. So yes, it is confirmed many years back already. Glad

Oh yes, the iron casting pans and pots are expensive, but they hold for generations as long as you know how to treat them and care for them. So they are the best choice when frying pans and frying pots are concerned. Glad

2017-05-29 19:49 #3 by: Granja Del Toro

How ever, they might have started to try to make it less toxic today, but i sure still would not use it. It gets expensive in the long run, since they tend to get broken quite easily, and also I want to stay away from toxins as much as possible, since i tend to easily get uterus fibrosis, if i eat to much toxic foods or use toxic kitchen tools... Glad


Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.