Annons:
Tagindian-cuisine
Read 2130 times
Granja Del Toro
2017-05-29 04:57

Lindsays Bombay Potatoes

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
  • 6 chopped fresh tomatoes
  • 1 large sliced red capsicum
  • 1 large sliced white onion
  • Bunch fresh chopped coriander
  • Tablespoon Garam Masala
  • Tablespoon ground coriander
  • **6 large diced potatoes
  • Tablespoon cumin
  • Tablespoon turmeric
  • Tablespoon paprika
  • Tablespoon mustard powder
  • 1 fresh chilli (as much or as little as you like)
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • One cup water

Wash and dice potatoes (I tend to keep the skins on for texture), add to a pan of salted boiling water and par boil until 75% cooked - for approx 10mins - and set aside.

Whilst the potatoes are boiling, add the chopped garlic, sliced onion and sliced capsicum into a non stick pan with oil and fry until soft for approx 10mins then put in a bowl to one side.

Add to your pan all of your spices and gently fry for 2 minutes then add 1/4 cup of water to make into a paste.

To the spice paste, add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.

To the spice and tomato mix, add your potatoes, onion and capsicum and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water and leave to cook for approx 10-15mins. You may find that you need to gradually add more water as it cooks to make a sauce. Stir well and add water as required.

Serve with fresh coriander.

Use for leftovers

* Lindsay's Bombay Potatoes are even nicer when left overnight in the fridge to allow the spice flavours to mature.

Serving suggestion

This can be eaten as a side dish to a curry, served with chicken and greens or on its own with a tasty naan bread - all equally as delicious. Or maybe even make ahead and heat on a bbq wrapped in foil and serve with your burgers and salad!

Annons:
vendelay
2017-05-29 19:33

I have to try this one! In love

Granja Del Toro
2017-05-29 21:38

Cool, me too someday 🙂

Scroll to top
Annons: