- 22/3 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cups reduced-fat no-salt tortilla chips
- 1 16-oz. bottle mild chunky salsa verde, divided
- 1 cup no-salt-added black beans, liquid reserved
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup grated 4-cheese Mexican blend
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
Coat medium skillet with cooking spray. Add peppers, ½ cup onion, and oil. Season vegetables with salt and pepper, if desired. Sauté 2 minutes over medium-high heat, or until some browning shows. Cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook vegetables 3 to 4 minutes more, or until peppers are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add oil, chips, and all but 1⁄3 cup salsa to vegetables in skillet. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or until blended and chips are moistened. Spoon beans over chilaquiles (the cooked chips). Sprinkle with chili powder, then evenly with cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1⁄3 cup salsa. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 2 minutes, or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbling at edges. Garnish with green onions and remaining red onion. Serve with yogurt.