- 3/4 cup mild or medium Madras curry sauce, divided
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced (1 ½ cups)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, or one 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 5-oz. pkg. baby spinach/kale blend (5 cups)
- 2/3 cup brown basmati rice, rinsed and drained
Combine rice with ¼ cup curry sauce and 1 2⁄3 cups water in small saucepan. Bring to boil, stir, reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Heat large (10-inch) skillet over medium heat and mist with olive oil cooking spray. Add onion, and sauté 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned and softened. Stir in chickpeas, remaining ½ cup curry sauce, and ¼ cup water. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until hot and saucy (add 1 to 2 Tbs. water if mixture seems dry). Add greens to skillet on top of chickpea mixture. Cover, and cook 1 minute more, or until greens are wilted. Stir mixture to combine, cover, and cook 1 minute more. Stir in rice, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.