Annons:
Taggranja-del-toro
Read 3317 times
Granja Del Toro
2018-05-24 21:45

Granja Del Toro's Sandwich cake

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Not to brag or anything, but my sandwich cakes has become quite famous among my family, clan and my friends, and strangers that has managed to get a piece from someone's celebration party. This recipe is my own recipe and invention, that i want to share. It is forbidden to claim it as your own…

Ingredients

• 1 whole sliced bread (specially made for sandwich cakes)

• 200 grams philadelphia or similar soft cheese (not to soft)

• 2 dl Smetana

• 1 dl creme Fraische

• 1 dl sour cream

• 1 and a half spoon Mayonnaise

• 2 potatoes

• a small piece of Batati (Sweet Potato)

• Half green capsicum

• black olives

• Half or 1 whole red capsicum

• Cucumber

• Fetta cheese

• Cheese (for example Gouda or Cheddar. Edam works too)

• Dill

• Herb broth

How to fix the filling

Day 1 Peal and chop the potatos in to small cubes. Do the same with the batati. When done put them into a pot with one teaspoon salt and boil them. Since they are in small cubes, it usually takes around 10 to 15 minutes to get soft…strain the water off from the potatoes and put them in a bowl to cool off. When it is cold put it in to the fridge over night.

Day 2  Take 5 dl  water and put it in to a pot. Put one whole herb broth cube in to the water in the pot, cook it so it mixes and melts in the water. When done put it aside to cool down…

I would not recommend using white bread. Take something more healthy, like oat bread or why not full grain bread instead. You can slice the bread in 6 to 8 slices, depending on how big you want your cake. But I would suggest no more slices than max 6 and minimum 3. Make sure to carefully slice off the ends on the bread. When you are done, it is time to fix the filling.

Take the bowl with the potato and batati cubes from the fridge. chop the green capsicym into small cubes and add it together with the cold potato and batati cubes. Add sliced black olives. If you do not already have sliced black olives you need to slice them. Add it in the bowl with the potato, batati and greencapsicum. Now squeeze the fetta cheese so it looks like crumbs, in to the bowl. Now add the sour cream and creme fraiche, including mayonnaise in to the bowl and stir well so that everything in the bowl get well mixed with the sour cream and the creme fraiche. You might have to add another 1 dl each or sour cream and creme fraiche, depending on how much it is in the bowl when you have put all the ingredients in there…Add some fine chopped dill in the mix, or use a scissor to cut the dill in to fine pieces…

How to fix the cover and to decorate the sandwich cake

Now it is time to make the cover mix. So take another bowl, put the soft cheese in to the bowl and add the smetana as well. Stir it well together so it looks like a thick type of whipped cream…

It is now time to fill the sandwich cake. Take the first slice and cover it with the herb broth with the Help of a spoon. Then take another spoon and add the filling mix on that slice. Put the other lice on top of the first slice you made and do the same procedure with all other slices. When your sandwich Cake has gotten taller from the filling, it is time to cover it with that thick mix of soft cheese and smetana that looks like thick whipped cream and cover it with it, so it starts to look like a cake. When you are done it is time to decorate the sandwich cake. Slice the cucumber in to fine thin slices and put it on the side on the cake, so it covers the cakes sides.  Roll the sliced cheese and put it on top of the cake, then add a sliced red capsicum next to it and add another rolled cheese slice next to the red capsicum slice. Do this till you reach the end of the sandwich cake, add some dill leafs as extra touch to make the cake look even nicer. Now you are done and the cake is ready to bee served! Enjoy!Smug

Annons:
Evelina
2018-05-24 22:06

This sounds really interesting! What is Smetana?

Niklas
2018-05-24 22:39

Smetana is a Czech composer. And sour cream.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-05-24 22:46

This is so creative! I love it!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-05-24 22:49

2 dl Smetana

1 dl creme Fraische

1 dl sour cream

It must be a little bit different from sour cream since it is already on the ingredient list. Unless it is the czech composer. Laughing out loud

Granja Del Toro
2018-05-25 01:26
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Smetana is east europian version of sour cream. It is much thicker than creme fraiche and sour cream 🙂

jadekintz
2018-05-25 05:17

This looks very delicious thank you for sharing 🙂

Annons:
Evelina
2018-05-25 08:31

#5 ok thanks ☺️ looks like something my boyfriend would really like

Granja Del Toro
2018-05-25 10:41

#6 My pleasure Jade

#7 I am sure he would Winking

jordan
2018-05-26 01:51

This looks awesome! How many does the cake serve?

Granja Del Toro
2018-05-26 22:50

#9 It all depends on the size of the sandwich cake and how big slices you take. But normally from 6 to 8 servings depending how big slices you take.. Laughing

jordan
2018-05-28 00:05

Okay 🙂 Maybe if I can find some of the ingredients here in the UK I can give it a try!

Scroll to top
Annons: