Annons:
Tagbread-cookies
Read 3399 times
Evelina
2018-08-28 22:35

Apple Oatmeal Cookies

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

My boyfriend and I went on a walk in the forest and park near our apartment. Since it's fall, there are a lot of apples ready to be picked. So we picked some apples from the apple trees in the park, about 20 small ones, and I put them in my sweater folded up as if I were a kangaroo haha. 

But then I got home and realised I needed to get busy doing something with them. Most of them will be used for apple juice. But I also found a recipe off of Pinterest that I decided to try out: https://www.wellplated.com/apple-oatmeal-cookies/. I adapted the recipe a bit. 

Ingredients:

FOR THE APPLE OATMEAL COOKIES:

1 cup quick oats 

3/4 cup whole wheat flour 

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/3 teaspoon allspice

2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1  egg

1/3 cup honey (or substitute pure maple syrup)

1 large apple ( I used 3 very small ones) I chopped them up in tiny cubes but I actually recommend grating the apple(s). 

FOR THE GLAZE:

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1-2 teaspoons water 

Directions:

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients

In a small bowl mix the wet ingredients. 

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients. With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir just until the ingredients are combined and the flour disappears (do not over mix). Fold in the diced apples. 

When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 200 c. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape the cookies into slightly flattened balls. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes, just until the edges of the cookies appear dry and barely begin to brown. Let rest on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

While the cookies cool, prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon water. Continue adding water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over the cookies once the cookies are completely cooled down, let set for a few minutes, then enjoy!

Annons:
Evelina
2018-08-29 16:12

Wow, they taste even better the day after! I still think they are too sweet to be a ”healthy” cookie. So I would suggest putting even less honey or maple syrup in them since the glaze is so sugary.

jordan
2018-08-29 21:24

They look lovely! Picking fresh fruit has been something that I have wanted to do on occasion, but sadly for me there isn't really anywhere near by me to do it Crying

Tammie
2018-08-30 06:34

They look really good! I don't do well with Oatmeal. Do you think Buckwheat would work as a replacement?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

jadekintz
2018-09-12 22:36

Oh my gosh these look so good I will FOR SURE be making these this week

jadekintz
2018-09-12 22:37

Oh my gosh these look so good I will FOR SURE be making these this week

Evelina
2018-09-12 22:44

#3 I think cooked whole buckwheat might work better! The oatmeal is more for the texture.

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: