Annons:
Tagvegetarian-kitchen
Read 2926 times
Niklas
2018-10-08 11:53

Seeing so much tasty food is hard...

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

…when you are on a five day water-only fast. :-) I don’t think I will last the five days, but at least I am giving it a try. At 6 pm today I have had nothing but water to drink for 48 hours. It’s much harder than I thought. I didn’t realize how much food means. I think of it all the time. It’s both the eating good to get rid of the hunger, and sitting together at a meal to eat and talk about the day. Now we are just grumpy and feel sorry for ourselves.

Everything is slower. When I walk, I get lactic acid in the legs. When I carry something, I get lactic acid in my arms. When I get up, everything goes black from low blood pressure. I am constantly feeling cold. I don’t feel like taking walks for fear of loosing too much energy.

It will be a valuable experience, though. 🙄

(Photo by rawpixel at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Emo
2018-10-08 12:56

Why?

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Niklas
2018-10-08 17:31

Several reasons really. It is supposed to be good for you to do it. It may lower the risk of getting diseases, like cancer. Another reason is that I do it in sympathy with a family member who does it. There are five of us doing it together. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-10-09 00:36

I couldn't imagine not eating Crying Are you allowing yourself other liquids?

Niklas
2018-10-09 18:24

Today I ended my fast early. It became too difficult. Not only due to the fasting itself though. I lasted a little over half of the five days. I only drank water with nothing in it. When I woke up today, after sleeping too little, I felt like I was between awake and passing out just standing and walking. It was hard getting anything done, I was easily irritated when I dealt with my son, even though he didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. I took my wife to the emergency. It turned out she had water poisoning. I didn’t know you could get that from tap water, but apparently you can. They gave her fluid substitute, or whatever it’s called, and now she’s fine. Water poisoning is caused by the body (kidneys) not being able to take care of all the water. Some people are more sensitive than others. I will try a low calory diet instead in January. I expect that to be much easier. This was one of my life’s toughest challenges. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-10-10 01:15

A low calorie diet sounds like a much better idea IMHO. At least that way your body will still be getting nutrients. Glad to hear your wife is ok 🙂

Emo
2018-10-11 15:43

#4That is how you answered my question in #1

Would you changed your mind if I had told you?

Annons:
Niklas
2018-10-11 16:59

#6: I’m not sure I understand what you mean. #4 is a pretty long post. What in it is the same as what I wrote in #2? And would it have changed my mind on what if you told me what? 🙃

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2018-10-11 19:02

#7 You did explain why you did it.
Had you avoid it if I (or anybody else) had told you the risc about it?
Usually people don't act according to good advices.

Niklas
2018-10-12 11:59

Aha, no, that wouldn’t have mattered, unless you had some information that I had not and that made a big difference to me. I would try it again if I hadn’t already done it and I will if my life depend on it. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2018-10-12 18:16

#9 🙂

Evelina
2018-10-17 10:58

#4 Wait so your wife got the water poisoning after the fast started? or that was the reason for starting the fast? 

I read years ago (when fasting was popular for losing weight - maybe it still is, but I think it is an unsustainable way to lose weight) that when one fasts for the first time one should incorporate tea and juices into their fasting diet. That way your body isn't totally in shock. And then the next time you fast, your body will be more used to not having food. So the next time, one would fast with water and maybe some tea, lemon, occasional juices. And then eventually one could fast again, but then it could only water. So there should be a process before you go with only water for several days to Help you body adjust. 

I personally think fasting can be dangerous, especially for people with health and mental illnesses. I cannot do it, for example, since I am prone to migraines. I think it is important to ask your physician before trying it out.

Niklas
2018-10-18 10:53

#11: She got the water poisoning because of the water fast. Tea would probably have been a good alternative, even though I’m not sure it would have been enough for her.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-10-18 11:05

#11 oh yeah, don’t think that would have helped her but that is weird? Was it that she was drinking too much water? Or that there were chemicals or minerals in the water?

Annons:
Niklas
2018-10-18 11:53

Too much tap water combined with her body being extra sensitive probably. I drank more and didn’t have any of the same issues. My dad and his wife has done this many times without problems. He has even gone for ten days.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-10-18 11:56

Interesting, I like food Laughing out loud No fasting for me!

Tammie
2018-10-20 19:53

Niklas, I am pretty sure I would have caved in much sooner.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: