Annons:
Tagasian-cuisine
Read 2981 times
Evelina
2019-03-12 21:11

Vegan Crispy Peanut Tofu Scramble

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I am SO proud of this recipe! I was inspired by @cashewkitchen and her lunch post, but there was no recipe to follow. So I did my best to whip something up that was similar. It’s amazing! Definitely, a new go-to recipe for me.

Ingredients:

Sauce:
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
  • 1 heaping tablespoon sambolek red chili sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
  • 1/4 cup sesame oil (or less)
Veggies:

2 broccoli heads, chopped A bushel of asparagus, ends chopped off, and cut into thirds A handful of green beans, ends chopped off 3 green onion, sliced 3 tablespoons sesame oil Sprinkle of red chili flakes 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Tofu:

2 blocks of tofu, wrapped in a paper towel and left to drain for at least 30 min, then chopped into small chunks 3 tablespoons cornstarch Peanut oil or vegetable oil

Rice:

Cooked basmati rice (4 servings)

Garnish:
  • Peanuts
  • Sesame seeds
  • Red chili flakes

Method:

Mix sauce ingredients in a cup. Boil salted water for veggies. Add veggies except for the green onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. You want a crunch to be left.

Take a large non-stick pan, on medium heat add sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper, and veggies with onion. Fry for 3 minutes or less. Set aside in a bowl.

Next, in a bowl mix tofu and cornstarch. In a large nonstick pan on high heat add oil and tofu. While frying smash the tofu so the texture is a scramble. Fry for 10 minutes or until crispy. Add enough sauce to cover the tofu and fry for 1-2 minutes.

Serve with garnish and rice.

Serves 4.

• Edited by Niklas 2022-02-09 16:46
Annons:
Leia
2019-03-12 23:52

This looks yummy! Go you for creating the recipe yourself!

My boyfriend hates peanuts, do you have any recommendations to trade them and the peanut butter out with?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-03-13 00:00

#1 Almond butter!

Leia
2019-03-13 23:37

#2 Brilliant, thanks! If he's lucky I might just make him it haha.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-08-15 19:28

Going to make this for dinner again! Still an easy favorite for me!

Scroll to top
Annons: