Annons:
Tagvegetarian-kitchen
Read 2765 times
Niklas
2019-04-10 11:59

Asparagus is in season, make this tasty risotto!

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Risotto isn't hard to make, but it takes some time. Depending on what you put in the risotto, it can be varied infinitely. Below is my recipe for asparagus risotto serving four people.

Ingredients:

• 2 deciliter risotto rice (I use Arborio)

• 6 deciliter vegetable broth

• 1 yellow onion

• 2 garlic cloves

• 25-50 gram butter

• 1 deciliter flavorful grated cheese

• Freshly ground black pepper

• 1 bundle of fresh green asparagus

This is how you do:

1. Bring the broth to a boil and put it to the side.

2. Get rid of the stiff part of the asparagus stems by breaking them apart. They will magically break in the right place. Chop the upper parts in 2 centimeter long bits.

3. Boil some water and throw in the asparagus for a minute. You don't want them to become too soft. Get rid of the water and put them to the side with a lid on.

4. Mince onion and garlic and fry it briefly in some of the butter in a pot with thick bottom.

5. Add the rice and enough broth not to let the rice stick to the bottom of the pot. Lower the temperature and let it simmer.

6. Stir and add more broth when needed, while you let the risotto simmer for 20 to 40 minutes. The rice is done when soft on the outside and a little chewier in the middle. Taste so you know when it’s just right.

7. Add the rest of the butter in small pieces, all of the cheese and black pepper. Stir until it’s all melted and mixed.

8. Add the asparagus and stir briefly.

Serve with grated Parmesan on top. Don’t skimp on it!

You can replace the asparagus with whatever is in season. Mushroom, for instance. You can also serve the risotto as is with a good salad or other vegetables.

Don’t forget to turn off the stove.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

• Edited by Niklas 2022-02-09 16:47
Annons:
Leia
2019-04-10 21:52

This looks yummy! Did you know it is in your genetics whether you're more likely to smell asparagus.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-04-11 09:40

Ha, no, I had no idea. My smell sense is really bad in general. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: